Charity applications deadline has passed. Please call the SECC office with any questions. Applications will be reviewed and determinations made in April, 2020. 919 821 2886
2021 Application Period Will Begin November 2020
Please mail application with all required documents to:
State Employees Combined Campaign
P.O. Box 196
Durham, NC 27702
Hand Delivered Applications, with all required documents, should be brought to:
State Employees Combined Campaign
Physical: 331 W. Main Street, Suite 304
Durham, NC 27701
2020 Application Submission Information:
- Mailed application and attachments must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2020. Hand delivered applications will be accepted between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday and must be delivered by March 1, 2020 (Since this is a Sunday, applications wil be received Monday, March 2, 2020)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be considered incomplete if they are missing any required attachments or signatures or if they are received without all required documentation.
- Faxed or scanned and emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
- The burden of demonstrating eligibility rests with the applicant.
For Independent Charities:
Please review all Application for Admission Instructions before proceeding. To be considered for participation in the 2020 State Employees Combined Campaign, Independent Charities will need to submit the following information:
1. Completed Charity Application Webform https://www.ncsecc.org/2020-secc-charity-application
2. Completed 2020 SECC Charity Application for Admission with required attachments:
- Most recent (2017 or later) CPA Audit or Review
- Explanation of Excessive FRA (Fundraising & Administrative Costs) if higher than 25%
- IRS Form 990 - Official signed copy of most recent (2017 or later) Form 990 (Pages 1-12 only are needed)
- NC Solicitation License VALID ON OR AFTER March 15, 2020 (University Foundations are exempt)
- Letter from Board of Directors requesting inclusion.
Please review all Application for Admission Instructions before proceeding. To be considered for participation in the 2020 State Employees Combined Campaign, Federations will need to submit the following information:
1. Completed 2020 SECC Charity Application for Admission (parts A, B, C, and D) with required attachments for the Federation itself (please see above under instructions for Independent Charities for a list of required attachments).
2. 2020 Paper Charity Application (parts A, B, C, and D) and all required attachments from each member charity that was NOT an SECC participant in 2019.
3. A copy of the completed and signed Certifications (Page 3) of 2020 Paper Application for each member charity that participated in the SECC as a Federation member charity in 2019.
4. The completed 2020 Federation Spreadsheet Excel worksheet. The completed spreadsheet should be submitted to Laura Baker.
NOTE: Federations must keep all paper documentation and attachments for Federation member applicants.
Independent and Federation Non-Solicitation Agreement and Memorandum of Agreement
All charities applying to the SECC will be required to review the Memorandum of Agreement (click for Independent Charities or Federations) and the Non-Solicitation Agreement (click for Independent Charities or Federations).